Friday, February 6, 2009

Introduction

Hi, all.

This initial post will mainly be so that I can introduce myself, and what I'm doing here. My name is Josh, and I'm a Christian man who believes 100% in salvation by the grace of Jesus Christ, shown to us by His sacrifice in which He took on our sin.

I believe salvation cannot be attained by our own works, our righteousness or our sinlessness. (Eph. 2:9, Isaiah 64:6).

I believe that putting Christ first is more important than which translation of the Bible you use, what church denomination you attend, what style of music you like or how you dress. (1 Samuel 17:6).

I believe that legalism does more to hurt the cause of Christ than all the atheists in the world combined.

This blog will be dedicated to exposing false teaching by people who would twist the Gospel and turn it into a weapon they can use to hurt anybody they hate.

A little more about me: I am not an ordained minister, and do not claim to be. I also do not believe you must be an ordained minister to be able to speak with authority on scripture. I attend a Baptist church, but do not feel that salvation has anything to do with your denomination. I believe our all-powerful mighty God can work through anything and anyone; yes, even the very people I will be speaking against in coming posts.

I seek to counter all those who would limit God to their own personal definition of Him, and try and put their own wisdom before that of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment